Benefits of Laser and Shockwave Therapy
Please click each of the titles below to see the benefits of the treatments we offer.
- Low Level Laser Therapy is a complete system of treating muscle, tendon, ligament, connective tissue, bone and dermal tissues in a non-invasive drug free modality.
- Low level Lasers can strengthen and heal damaged cells. They work by supplying energy to the body in the form of penetrating light. The tissues & cells absorb this energy where it is used to accelerate the normal rate of tissue healing.
- Laser treatment increases the range of movement (ROM)
- ROM (movement) brings vital nutrients and fluids to cartilage and discs.
- Laser light Increases blood flow to the injured area.
- Reduces formation of scar tissue leading to more complete healing with less chance of weakness and re-injury later.
- Drug free pain relief without the unwanted side effects of some anti- inflammatory medications and pain killers.
- It is safe, non invasive, non toxic, easily applied, highly effective and has no negative side effects.
- Laser treatment has been particularly helpful in the treatment of stubborn, persistent and “difficult to treat”conditions including chronic back pain, neck pain, arthritis, plantar fasciitis (tendon located under the foot) and other joint and muscle pains.
- helping to form new blood vessels
- reversal of chronic inflammation
- stimulation of collagen and dissolution of calcium build-up. Stimulation of these biological mechanisms creates an optimal healing environment. As the injured area is returned to normal, functionality is restored and pain is relieved.
In the field of sports medicine, results prove that shockwave is effective for muscle strain healing and allows faster comeback to full sports endurance.
Shockwave therapy helps with the following conditions:
- Arthritis of the joints
- Tennis Elbow
- Chronic and acute soft tissue disorders in sports injuries
- Achilles tendon
- Muscle regeneration support
- Heel spur
- Plantar Fasciitis (tendon located under the foot)
- Frozen shoulder
|Cervical nerves affect:
Thoracic nerves affect:
Lumbar nerves affect:
Sacral nerves affect:
The regions of the spine consist of the cervical, thoracic, lumber and sacral. There are many injuries relating to the discs. They are designed to act as cushions between the vertebrae. Any injuries can result in long term disabilities and the onset of osteoarthritis.
- Green bowling
- And many more
The injuries vary depending on the nature of the sport, but most injuries are common to most sports. Common injuries affect:
- Shoulder (frozen shoulder)
- Elbow (Tennis/Golfers elbow)
- Lower back (Discs in the lumbar region)
- Knee (Torn ligaments, Torn cartilage)
- Ankle (sprains, Achilles tendon)
- Foot (tendon on underside of the foot)
The trauma of sports injuries causes damage to the cells that make up the soft tissues. Laser Therapy reduces both the short term inflammation and long term risk of arthritis commonly associated with sports injuries.
Laser treatment will:
- Strengthen and heal damaged cells.
- Increase the range of movement.
- Accelerate recovery after injury.
- Can be applied over pins, metal plates.
- Can be applied immediately after injury.